Welcome to Dr Marignan official site of
posturology in USA.
What is posturology?
Posturology is the study of posture. It is an unconventional methodology based on neurophysiology. It take its modern source in France around 1960, by the works of Jean-Bernard Baron, a French neurophysiologist, that create the ISPGR (International Society for Postural and Gait Research), still existing and organizing World Congresses on fundamental posturology. One of the world well known member of this structure since 1973 is Dr Pierre-Marie Gagey, a French doctor in Paris that developed during many years a scientific and medical approach of postural control, applying this young technique to health care. He published a lot of very important papers on this field. Dr Michel Marignan, another French doctor, is one of his best students.
Clinical posturology is the application of this science to patients suffering from different diseases related to dysfunctions of posture.
Posture is an unconscious and automatic function acting to the whole body when standing up or moving. It allows:
– to build and adopt an upright position;
– to stabilize this position, in static or dynamic situations;
– to develop a spatial knowledge of the body itself (cognitive function) in relation to its environment.
Posture is the result of the involvement of a complex multimodal sensorimotor system, which cannot be nowadays ignored by specialists of movement, back pain specialists, sport managers and many other specialists of dysfunctions of the body, including cognitive functions. It is a totally new approach in this field.
In the pure medical field, posture is defined as his (by a consensus coming from more than 250 posturology specialists around the world in 1985): « Posture is elaboration and active preservation of the configuration of the various segments of the body in the space, it expresses the way body faces the stimulations of the outside world and gets ready to react to it.
It is the fruit of a tonic and phasic muscular activity: ‘The configuration of the various segments of the body in space’ is elaborated on a mode rather phasic but not exclusively, it is maintained on a rather tonic mode but not exclusively. «
How to learn clinical posturology in USA?
You have now the possibility to learn complete clinical posturology in the USA. The first complete seminar was organized in New York City, in an unique and exhaustive 4 days seminar, from 17 to 20 September, 2015.
The next one will be a deep introduction to posturology combined to a deep auriculotherapy presentation. It will be the first combining these two techniques, and will focus on musculoskeletal pain. It will take place from
12 to 14 October, 2017
Johns Hopkins University — Rockville, Maryland, USA
For more information go there : https://www.auriculotherapyseminars.com/#learn-more
See at register page if you are interested.
Other seminars will be organized in the future.
This seminar will be conducted by RAPHAEL NOGIER, MD & Michel MARIGNAN, MD, who will teach the « up to date » approach in clinical posturology combined to auriculotherapy.
Dr. Michel MARIGNAN is teaching all over the world, from Europe to Africa, South America and Canada, and is coming especially from France. He is one of the first medical doctors having learned posturology from the pioneer of it in France; he is using it daily to treat his patients and will share with the students his experience. He will explain to all students how to practice clinical posturology in a way they will be able to use it the day after.
We offer to you this opportunity to listen to a fundamental and practical course, with extensive hands on learning. At the end of this seminar, you will be able to recognize a postural syndrome and apply immediately to your clients adapted postural corrections.
For people who don’t realize the benefits of using clinical posturology in their daily practice, we must say that posturology is now considered as one of the most advanced and effective approaches for treating back pain in Europe and many other countries, as well as optimizing sport performance and increase physical and mental well-being. Posturology is nowadays an official University Diploma in France.
This seminar with cover the following topics on posturology:
• An History of posturology
• How the human tonic postural system works
• How to recognize pathological manifestations in clients
• How to clinically analyze postural dysfunctions and track them to the source of the dysfunction
• Learn the importance of the eye musculature and its role on posture and performance
• Learn the roles of the inner ear, the feet information, the proprioception, the manducatory system
• How to categorize your client in one of the three clinical forms of postural dysfunction
• How to apply a logical plan to improve your clients’ posture and make it definitive
• Benefits of improved posture such as injury prevention, quicker recovery from injury and improved sports performance
• The use of Neurostab Postural Chips
• The auriculotherapy part itself will be teached by Raphaël Nogier, MD, and typical applications of auriculotherapy on postural control treatment will be presented by Michel Marignan, MD.
All documents in this site are Copyrighted and cannot be reproduce by any way in any circumstances.
POSTUROLOGY USA IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER POSTUROLOGY ORGANIZATION.