Welcome to Dr Marignan official site of
posturology in USA.
What is posturology ?
Posturology is the study of posture. It is an unconventional methodology based on neurophysiology. It take its modern source in France around 1960, by the works of Jean-Bernard Baron, a French neurophysiologist, that create the ISPGR (International Society for Postural and Gait Research), still existing and organizing World Congresses on fundamental posturology. One of the world well known member of this structure since 1973 is Dr Pierre-Marie Gagey, a French doctor in Paris that developped during many years a scientific and medical approach of postural control, applying this young technique to health care. He published a lot of very important papers on this field. Dr Michel Marignan, another French doctor, is one of his best student.
Clinical posturology is the application of this science to patients suffering from different deseases related to dysfunctions of posture.
Posture is an unconscious and automatic function acting to the whole body when standing up or moving. It allows:
– to build and adopt an upright position;
– to stabilize this position, in static or dynamic situations;
– to develop a spatial knowledge of the body itself (cognitive function) in relation to its environment.
Posture is the result of the involvement of a complex multimodal sensorimotor system, that cannot be nowadays ignored by specialists of movement, back pain specialists, sport managers and many other specialists of dysfunctions of the body, including cognitive functions. It is a totaly new approach in this field.
In the pure medical field, posture is defined as his (by a concensus coming from more than 250 posturology specialists around the world in 1985) : « Posture is elaboration and active preservation of the configuration of the various segments of the body in the space, it expresses the way body faces the stimulations of the outside world and gets ready to react to it.
It is the fruit of a tonic and phasic muscular activity: ‘The configuration of the various segments of the body in space’ is elaborated on a mode rather phasic but not exclusively, it is maintained on a rather tonic mode but not exclusively. «
How to learn clinical posturology in USA.
You have now the possibility to learn complete clinical posturology in the USA, in New York City for this first course, in a unique and exhaustive 4 days seminar, from 17 to 20 September, 2015. See at register page if you are interested. Other seminars will be probably organized in the future, this one is the first one. It will be conducted by Michel MARIGNAN, MD, who will teach the « up to date » approach in clinical posturology.
Dr. Michel MARIGNAN is teaching all over the world, from Europe to Africa, South America and Canada, and is coming specially from France. He is one of the first medical doctor having learn posturology from the pioneer of it in France, he is using it daily to treat his patients and will share with the students his experience. He will explain to all student how to practice clinical posturology in a way they will be able to use it the day after.
We offer to you this opportunity to listen to a fundamental and practical course, with extensive hands on learning. At the end of this seminar, you will be able to recognize a postural syndrom and apply immediately to your clients adapted postural corrections.
For people who don’t realize the benefits of using clinical posturology in their daily practice, we must say that posturology is now considered as one of the most advanced and effective approaches for treating back pain in Europe and many other countries, as well as optimizing sport performance and increase physical and mental well-being. Posturology is nowadays an official University Diploma in France.
This seminar with cover the following topics:
• An History of posturology
• How the human tonic postural system works
• How to recognize pathological manifestations in clients
• How to clinically analyze postural dysfunctions and track them to the source of the dysfunction
• Learn the importance of the eye musculature and its role on posture and performance
• Learn the roles of the innner ear, the feet information, the proprioception, the manducatory system
• How to categorize your client in one of the three clinical forms of postural dysfunction
• How to apply a logical plan to improve your clients’ posture and make it defenitive
• Benefits of improved posture such as injury prevention, quicker recovery from injury and improved sports performance
• The use of Neurostab Postural Chips
• An introduction to auriculotherapy as an alternative method of correcting postural system desorders specifically adressing to central nervous system integration.
All documents in this site are Copyrighted and cannot be reproduce by any way in any circumstances.
POSTUROLOGY USA IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER POSTUROLOGY ORGANIZATION.